Commercial Property Manager
Ash Properties is seeking an experienced Commercial PropertyManager in the Northeast Florida Market. The Property Manager will be responsible for the daily management oversight of a portfolio of commercial retail and office properties,including the overall operations as well as personnel management, repairs andmaintenance, tenant relations, strategic planning, fiscal planning and risk management. Candidates must have commercial property management experience to be considered for this role, residential property management experience will fulfill this requirement.
SpecificDuties & Responsibilities:
- Directs and participates in the daily operations of properties
- Manages tenant relations and retentions
- Proactively meets with tenant representatives on scheduled basis. Respond courteously to client, tenants, and fellow staff member requests, problems, and complaints
- Maintains intimate knowledge of lease agreements and acts upon from an operations point of view
- Manage properties, including maintenance and repair of building and grounds
- Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services
- Maintain high level of understanding and knowledge about local market conditions and competition
- Assist with risk management; help compile regular property walkthrough inspections
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine extent of service and equipment required. Assigns employees or vendors to duties such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for additional work from outside contractors
- Ensure all proper/legal documents from vendors are received, current, accurately verified and filed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ commercial property management experience
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience managing Class A office space
- Experience in budget preparation/financial reporting, familiarity with building systems, lease negotiation, documentation and administration
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate or another related field not required, but a plus
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.), general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to produce well-written reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, customers, peers and the general public.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation.
- Other Skills & Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite
- In compliance with The American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Property Manager’s responsibilities are such that in order to perform the required work in a safe and satisfactory manner, the following minimum physical requirements apply
- Is regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Lifting a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds.
- Using keyboards for typing and computer input.
Compensation & Benefits include: Salary, PTO, paid holidays, health insurance, vision & dental, life insurance, and 401K with employer match
AshProperties, a local leader in commercial development and management, has been astaple in Northeast Florida for over 35 years. We currently have 40 commercial properties and several more in varyingstages of development.